Monday, October 20, 2014

Missing my Skinny Jeans

I am facing a struggle right now.  A food struggle.  And it is SO FRUSTRATING!  Sometimes it feels like I make all this effort, make all these changes and nothing is happening.  It feels discouraging and disheartening.  It seems as though I've plateaued. I am stuck and can't seem to drop any more weight. 

Do you know this feeling?  Can you relate to me?  All this effort feels like a waste, making it very tempting to give up.  But let me just say I won't.  My feelings are just that - feelings. I know that it's not just about losing a few pounds, but making myself healthy and strong to fight off diseases that may be from an unhealthy lifestyle.  But it would be really, really nice to fit into my skinny jeans again, know what I'm saying?

My collection of skinny jeans.


This past week I decided that I would write down everything that I was putting in my mouth.  Do you know how tedious that task is?  I am not a fan, but I knew if I did it would reveal something.  And as I predicted - it did.   I am a mindless eater.  Yep, I stick stuff in my mouth without any thought, mostly because I'm bored or I'm afraid I won't get a chance to grab a snack later. Usually I'm not even hungry.  Crazy right?  But how many of us do this?  I'm sure I'm not alone.  And when I do this mindless eating I'm certainly not going for the apples or carrots nope not me, I'm reaching for the cookies, chips, baked goods, you know the stuff that tastes good in the moment but follows with regret shortly after.

So how am I going to deal with this?  How can I overcome my mindless boredom eating? This is the challenge.  But I bet that if I can conquer this I might actually fit into my skinny jeans again.  My weakness if food.  I LOVE FOOD, and I think I am guilty of not paying attention to my serving sizes.  So is there something to learn, Yep you got it.  I have to learn to have a better relationship with food.  That it isn't about eating when I'm bored or feeling down.  But food is the body's fuel.  Not that it can't be enjoyed but I have to see it for what it is.  It is fuel for my body not a emotional fix.  

Maybe I need a hobby - something to keep me occupied, entertained and enjoying life.  I also need to recognize when I am feeling tempted to mindlessly eat and think about what that will do to me.  To be aware when I am eating.  To be more in the moment - if that makes any sense.

So the challenge for me now (and maybe you to) is to PAY ATTENTION!  Pay attention to how I feel when I want to grab a snack, pay attention to what I'm eating and pay attention to how much I am eating. My goal is to change my attitude towards food, and when I fit into my skinny jeans again I will post a picture.

Stay fab!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment