Sunday, July 6, 2014

What's this all About?

Welcome to my first blog.  This is something that has been stirring in my heart to do for a long time.  So I finally gathered up enough courage to start writing my first post.  And let me tell you - this is a little scary.  I'm not one to put myself out there and be vulnerable for the world to see.  But I am willing to take the risk if I can see my vision come to life. 

So what is this blog all about anyways?  What is Fit to be Fab!?  It's actually an idea I came up with when I was in college.  I had to create a program plan in one of my courses.  So I came up with Fit and Fab.The idea was to create a program designed to promote a holistic approach to healthy living including physical, mental, emotional and spiritual health. With a little research and creativity I changed the name slightly to Fit to be Fab!? The reason for the slight name change is simply because  I believe that we are all fabulous just as we are.  And that we all have days when we feel awesome and we have days when we question who we are, whether we are good enough, skinny enough, smart enough, etc.  The list goes on and on.  This is a journey.  This is our journey.  We will have our ups and downs, our accomplishments, our failures.  But these things don't define us, they are just part of our journey.  And so that is why I decided to start writing this blog.  To share my journey.  To share my passions.  And I hope that through my sharing, being honest and vulnerable I can encourage or challenge some of you to appreciate and love the journey as well.

There are many things I am passionate about and will share on this blog - but to start off I am going to keep it simple and start with my passion for healthy living.  So in the weeks to come I will be posting my adventures, challenges and triumphs in my journey to a healthier lifestyle.  I will try my best to post weekly (either Sunday or Monday - not sure which day will work best yet).  I want to share what I have learned in my journey to a better healthier lifestyle and what I will continue to learn.  Other passions and interests of mine which will show up here eventually include baking, fashion and beauty.  

So please feel free to join me on my journey and make it your journey too to discover that we are all fit to be fab! (without the "?").

Amie


No comments:

Post a Comment