Sunday, September 21, 2014

Give me Some Encouragement Please

Have you ever noticed that all the motivational and inspirational pictures posted on Pinterest are of these amazing looking women with slim thighs, rock hard abs and perfect looking faces?  And have you also noticed that other women are posting these pics with the words inspiration and motivation?

I don't know about you, but for me I don't find those kind of pictures motivating at all.  I actually find them rather discouraging.  I know myself, I know my body type, what I'm capable of, and how much time I have to devote to working out, and I know that I will NEVER have ROCK HARD abs and SUPER SKINNY thighs.  I don't have the body type for it and I certainly don't have the time to spend working out to even achieve something close to what these women look like. 

Don't get me wrong, those women look amazing - and good for them, but they probably do modeling for a living and have the time to spend in the gym.   On top of that these pictures have also been touched up.  But what about the rest of us?  What about the average women who has to work all day, take care of children, cook and clean?  What does healthy look like for us?

I would love to see more pictures of women like me who work out and eat healthy who aren't a size two.  I know that I'm not perfect and I'm not even at my goal yet - but I also know that healthy doesn't always look like a tightly toned skinny figure.  

Not so good at taking selfies
Let's encourage one another to promote something more realistic, more like you and I.  

We all know that what we see is not real - we all tell ourselves it's a touched up photo and even that woman doesn't look like that.  But over time these images still make their way into our heads and hearts and convince us that this is the ideal - this is what needs to be achieved to be beautiful, healthy, strong, etc.  It somehow still has the power to make us feel not good enough. 

I hope that as I share my healthy pic that ts serves as motivation and inspiration to you!  Let's make beauty real by being ourselves and finding the confidence in that. 

Keep staying fab my friends, you are all worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment