Sunday, July 20, 2014

My Lazy Vacation

Vacation Time. 

This is one of my favourite times of the year, as it is for many. As I sit here in the cottage kitchen sipping my morning coffee and typing away I take time to reflect over my week. It's been a really fun filled week, from hiking to paddle boating and sitting on the beach just taking in the sun, it's been all about relaxing and having fun.

I have to admit, I did pack my workout clothes in hopes that maybe I would take some time and work out some days – but sadly they are still packed away in my suitcase. But to be honest I don't feel too bad about that (should I?). Here's my thoughts on it:

I don't take myself too seriously. Life is too short for that. I love working out, I have really enjoyed seeing the results from training – but I refuse to be obsessed about it. Its not a bad thing to take a week off from eating healthy and working out. Sometimes we just need to do that for ourselves, just not care too much. And the funny thing is since I have changed my eating habits I didn't find myself going crazy on the junk food this week – I really didn't want too much. Don't get me wrong, I have roasted some marshmallows, had ice cream and chips but overall it hasn't been too bad, and I'm still eating my fruits and veggies.

There's a woman up here who has gone for a run almost everyday – and good for her. But for me I just want to sit back and have fun, I won't obsess about it. When I'm on vacation that's what it is – a break from the regular routine (that's me anyways). Its not like I haven't done anything. I have gone swimming, shot some hoops with my stepsons, gone paddle boating, played a game of gold, went for a 3 hour hike, played a little badminton and played with the kids at the park.

My point is this, let's have fun and not be too serious or obsessed about what we should be doing to stay healthy. I am on vacation, my body needs a break and a rest from the everyday. I will enjoy my down time while I'm here – doing what I feel like and next week when I'm back home I will get back into the swing of things!

I will enjoy this time off and not regret that I didn't make time to work out!

Amie

No comments:

Post a Comment